You’ve carefully planned your overseas vacation. You know where you want to visit. You know what sights you want to see. You know whom you want to see. And you know where you will be staying.
The only unknown factor in the equation is your health. How do you plan on staying healthy and what precautions are you taking to stay in top shape?
Here are some questions you should ask before crossing the pond:
- Do you need to get any vaccines or take along any medicines?
- Will the food and water be safe in the country?
- Will you be able to get medicine during your trip?
- What will you do if you get sick while traveling?
- Are you at risk for certain health conditions?
Tip adapted from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Service’s Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion[i]