Nearly a third of planet Earth’s land is forest. That means from outer space the two most predominant colors you’d see are blue (the oceans) and green. The rest would mostly be various shades of brown and gray.
With a human habitation of more than 7.6 billion and 4.5 billion years in the bank, Earth deserves recognition.
So, how do you become more environmentally responsive?
Here are 5 green tips to show Earth your appreciation:
- Turn if off: the water faucet, the shower, the TV. When you’re not using them, shut them off. Also unplug appliances you don’t use often.
- Put reusable grocery bags back in your trunk. It might be easy next time you’re shopping to forget about reusable bags. If they’re in the trunk, it’s easier to remember. You can even return reusable plastic bags to stores (if they take them).
- Look for ways to conserve. Those leftovers? This may seem obvious, but eat them soon. Don’t slide them to the back of your refrigerator. Your bathroom towel? Use it 2-3 times.
- Jump in the carpool. Carpooling saves money, creates camaraderie, and helps protect the environment. Bicycling to work is another way of going green. Plus, it’s good exercise.
- Birds of a feather. Connect with like-minded people. The social engagement will help inspire you and keep you motivated.
Going green, which is doing your part to help preserve the environment, sometimes just involves a few easy lifestyle habit changes.
Tip adapted from NuEnergy[i]